My exam was cancelled, what are my options?
If you have received an appointment cancellation from Prometric due to COVID-19 you can:
How do I reschedule my exam for the same session?
- Reschedule your exam through the Prometric Website. Select the “Reschedule/Cancel” option.
- Please note: You will need to locate your appointment confirmation number in the email you received from Prometric for your original appointment to reschedule this way.
- If you are not successful with the first option, you can try rescheduling through the Prometric Website “Schedule” option.
- Please note: You will need to locate the eligibility/candidate ID you received when you originally purchased the exam in order to reschedule this way. This can be found on your order confirmation in your Order History.
- If you are still having trouble rescheduling your exam using the steps above, you may need to have your eligibility/candidate ID reset by SOA in order to reschedule. To request to have your eligibility/candidate reset please fill out the Eligibility/Candidate ID Reset Form.
How many attempts do I have for rescheduling?
There is currently no a limit for rescheduling an exam due to COVID-19.
How do I request an exam refund?
Candidates can request an exam refund for one or more of the following reasons:
- COVID-19 concerns
- Cannot find an open seat
- Appointment was cancelled
You can request that your exam be refunded by completing the Exam Refund Form. If approved, your refund will be issued to the card used at the time of registration.
I can’t find an available testing center, what are my options?
Prometric seat availability changes often. Therefore, we recommend:
- Check the Prometric website frequently for a suitable date within your testing window and location.
- Contact Prometric Customer Service for help finding a seat.
If you are still unable to find a seat you can request a refund.
Why can’t I find any available test centers?
Due to COVID-19, there will be shortages of seats in some locations. In most centers, candidates will be seated with an open seat between each active workstation. This will reduce the number of seats by half for any given day.
The SOA is working with Prometric to ensure that our candidates are given priority where possible for available test center seats. However, some candidates may need to travel to the next closest available test center.
If you are unable to find a seat you can request a refund.
What is the last day to request a refund?
If you are not able to find an available test center, or if you are uncomfortable attending due to COVID-19, you can submit your request form up to 48 hours before the exam session begins. Otherwise, we have a no refund policy.
Due to the high volume of requests, this may take up to 10 business days to complete. However, as long as you have submitted your request 48 hours prior or your exam session, your request will be honored.
Where can I find my eligibility/candidate ID?
Your eligibility/candidate ID can be found on your order confirmation email or in your Order History. It will be labeled as the “Candidate ID”.