My exam was cancelled, what are my options?
If you have received an appointment cancellation from Prometric due to COVID-19 you can:
How do I reschedule my exam for the same session?
The quickest and easiest way to reschedule your exam is to do it online, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Go to the Prometric site and use the reschedule function.
- Rescheduling is available for all CBT Exams, however the rules around rescheduling are dependent of which exam you want to reschedule.
- Candidates may only reschedule an appointment within the same testing window.
- Rescheduling may result in a fee paid directly to Prometric.
For more information, see the Reschedule a C.B.T. Appointment page.
How do I request an exam refund?
SOA has a temporary refund policy until December 31, 2022. Candidates can request an exam refund for one or more of the following reasons:
- COVID-19 concerns
- Cannot find an open seat at Prometric locations within 150 miles of your location
- Appointment was cancelled
You can request that your exam be refunded by completing the Exam Refund Form. If approved, your refund will be issued to the card used at the time of registration.
The deadline to request a transfer or refund is 14 calendar days prior to the date of your exam appointment. If you have not scheduled an exam appointment you must make the request no later than 14 days prior to the first day of your exam window or the date of your exam if no multi-day window is offered.
Please refer to the SOA Examination Refund Policy for more information.
I can’t find an available testing center, what are my options?
COVID-19 continues to impact seat availability at Prometric Testing Centers. The SOA is committed to securing seats for our candidates. However if you are having trouble finding a seat, here are some options to help you:
- Continue to check the Prometric website, availability changes frequently
- Complete one of the following depending on what exam you are registered for:
- LTAM, FSA, ERM, and EA exams use Prometric Testing Center Capacity form to request assistance. (Please do not complete the form if you have already submitted your information to firstname.lastname@example.org and please no duplicate inquiries).
- PA Exam use Prometric Testing Center Capacity for PA Exam form to request assistance. (Please do not complete the form if you have already submitted your information to email@example.com and no duplicate inquiries).
- See the SOA Examination Refund Policy for details
Capacity issues are not typically something that can be handled quickly. Please know that we are working to find seats for each candidate that contacts us.
Where can I find my eligibility/candidate ID?
Your eligibility/candidate ID can be found on your order confirmation email or in your Order History. It will be labeled as the “Candidate ID”.