Why should I use hashtags?
Within app functionality, hashtags are key to making your posts searchable. A hashtag is a keyword or phrase that is created by typing the (#) symbol at the start of a word or short phrase that contains no spaces or punctuation. Adding hashtags to your post allows us to link posts on the same topic. By tapping on a hashtag, you can see what others are saying about the same topic. You can add hashtags anywhere in your posts. Include as many as are relevant to the discussion.
How do I use hashtags?
You can use hashtags in your posts and comments.
- To start a hashtag, type the (#) symbol before the keyword or phrase that you’re adding to your post. As you type, the app will suggest existing hashtags that you may want to use or continue to create your own.
- To use hashtags successfully, do not use spaces or punctuation, keep them short and catchy and use capital letters at the start of each word to make them easier to read.
How do I follow hashtags?
Following hashtags allows you to quickly see content on topics you are interested in. You can find hashtags in posts by app users, or by using the search function.
- Tap on a hashtag and you will see a list of all posts that contain it.
- Look in the upper right corner of the screen and tap on Follow to add it to your list.
- To find your followed hashtags the next time you open the app, tap the search icon. Your followed hashtags will appear at the bottom of the page.
Note: Following hashtags is not available on the web version of SOA Hub.